“With the Readerboard, Friday sales are up 23%, Saturday sales are up 30% and Sunday sales are up 50%. I am loving it! Thanks!”May Masoli Whitestone Foods/Long John Silver's
After the first Installation of Lightking Product. "Customer really likes them". "They look good". "I'm Impressed"President Former Watchfire Dealer
Erecting a sign or billboard for your business can be an expensive affair. It can quickly become a net loss if you don’t choose the right one or place it in a location that no one will see. And let’s face it, if a sign or billboard doesn’t attract attention, then it’s pretty much useless.
LED signs and billboards are the type that attract attention. They are bold, brilliant, and shine bright at all hours of the night. And because they often display animated content, they are more memorable than a static sign that is lit internally by incandescent bulbs. This post should help to clear up some questions you may have about LEDs in general as well as give you some ideas on how to use them effectively to brighten up your business.
Light Emitting Diodes
When it comes down to it, an LED (short for Light Emitting Diode), is a tiny light bulb. Over the last few decades, the little red lights have been used for power indicators and warning signals in all sorts of electronic devices. Most of us haven’t given them a second thought because we’ve never had to hassle with swapping them out when changing batteries. They’ve just always seemed to work.
Nowadays, LEDs come in a variety of colors. When grouped together, they illuminate traffic lights, televisions, and even the gigantic screens on display in the world’s largest sporting arenas. The most common version of an LED grouping is called an RGB LED. An RBG LED consists of a group of three LEDS—red, blue, and green—and these can be programmed to display up to 16 million colors.
Besides the color capabilities, LEDs have significant advantages over incandescent lightbulbs. The list of benefits is rather long, but LED bulbs are known specifically for their durability. A typical LED bulb has a lifespan of 25,000 to 100,000 hours. Once the LEDs are in place, you can count on them to shine bright for years to come.
- A lifespan of 25,000 to 100,000 hours. Once the LEDs are in place, you can count on them to shine bright for years to come.
- Higher durability. They are made of plastic, so there is less chance of breakage.
- Better efficiency. Since LEDs don’t have a filament, it requires less energy to light them; therefore your electric bills drop significantly.
Brightening Up Your Business
Incorporating an LED billboard or sign into your marketing campaign will do more than just attract attention, they are proven to increase business. LEDs grant higher visibility, especially at night. And because you aren’t stuck with still photographs and text, you will be able to deliver a complex message that will create new customers and generate name recognition.
When choosing a location for your sign, you should make sure to take into account a number of factors:
- Size: The size of your sign should conform to the area in which it will be displayed. You should also take into account any zoning laws that restrict height, width, or placement.
- Traffic: The more traffic that passes by your sign, the more likely your sign will attract a customer. Busy interstates and multi-lane highways are prime locations, but with programmable LEDs, you can also take advantage of stop lights by delivering several messages with one sign. You can also reach more people using indoor LED signs.
- View: Consider the surroundings. Think about how likely it will be that your sign or billboard will be seen by passing traffic. Signs on hillsides, expressway exits, and the like can often be seen for miles. But you must also consider objects such as trees, hedges, other signs, or what else could obstruct view. Just think of the times that you have driven past an establishment because you couldn’t see the sign until it was too late to turn.
- Content: Having the right content is as important as any other factor when choosing a sign. The overwhelming advantage that LEDs give over traditional signs is the ability to change your content any time you want. The ability to change content whenever necessary is especially important for businesses that routinely have scheduled events.